Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Saturday Lunch



It is such an easy dish to prepare, serioulsy most of us have the ingredients at hand......
now for the ingredients:

your favourite long pasta I love Barilla.....
Flat leaf ( italian) parsley
rind of 1 lemon
olive oil
red onion
1 clove of garlic sliced thin
1/2 - 1 teapoon dried chilli flakes (depends how hot you like it)

cook pasta as per packet directions, -( time it, its easy, 9 mins generally for barilla pasta my favourite although nothing beats FRESH homemade!!!!)
While pasta is cooking start the sauce, with a good lug... hmmmmm not accurate I know but its how I roll..... of olive oil heat your fry pan, once pan is warm fry garlic, onion and chilli flakes, once onion has just started to soften add parsley and lemon rind. add the juice of lemon and keep warm.... add a little olive oil if looking a little dry.... throw in a good handfull of parmesan cheese finely grated and toss through cooked pasta. Use a little pasta water if needed, then serve and enjoy.....

honestly its easy, quick, fresh and packed full of flavour! enjoy recipe number 1!!!!!! OMG I cannot believe I have finally started this.... onwards and upwards to my very own recipe book to share with my boys, family and friends...... this is the beginning of acheiving my 12 in 2012!!!!! look out I may just share the other 11.....This is a delicious quick and easy lunch.... I hate the old sandwich on a weekend.... I find them boring and am fanging for flavour and love having the time and opportunity to cook. So while the boys in my house love a good sanga, I started to cook me something tasty....

Now to be honest this is a dish that has been adapted from the bestest neighbour ever Sarah...... she and I together would share, trade, and help ourselves to ingredients in each others fridges and pantries. We would also regularly entice eachother and compete for that perfect recipe or presentation.... friendly of course..... so I will aptly declare that the name of this recipe is 'Sarah Spaghetti mark 2'..... just wait for number 1!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment