Monday, March 26, 2012

the never fail Frittata.....



now this is NOT rocket science, this recipe is for my less that adventurous family and  friends, you know who you are!!!!

Now the frttata is simply a backed egg pie, well I think so anyway.... its easy and tends to use up all those left overs.... flavours can be what ever you like, seriously its that simple....the list of what can be used is endless and only limited by your pantrym fridge and imagination.... a frittat makes the perfect low fat, filly food to take to work, in our house its the perfect sunday night dinner after a bust weekend served with warm, crusty sour dough! Now I have  non-egg eater in my house, he does NOT like egg, but LOVES frittata - go figure... (now if you have met this said person you will know exactly who I am talking about.... seriously the apple did not fall far from the tree!!!)

now I suppose I should get started on the how to business of this recipe.....

6 eggs
1 tub of philly cheese cooking cream now i use the 60% less fat....
1/2 cup of grated cheese ( I tend to use a mixture of cheeses, parmesan, tasty cheddar, red Leicester or anything you have on hand..... seriously left over Brie would be fantastic but there is never any left over if I am around!)
cracked pepper.....

now for the flavourings, this particular frittata I used
diced pancetta
 grated zucchini
chopped flat leaf parsely
red onion

heat  anon stick frypan drizzled with a little oil,
fry pancetta, onion until soft
while that is frying, wisk your eggs and cream until they are smooth
add all other ingredients to fypan and fry for around 4-5 minutes....
once ingredients are softened add egg mixture, allow egg to cook for around 5 minutes until you can see it setting around the edges.
place under a hot grill and cook until egg is set usually another 5 minutes is all that is needed.

once egg is set turn out onto plate board etc... now this can be a little tricky I simply give my pan a little shake and help with an egg flip and loosen the bottom and slide onto serving plate, alternatively you can invert the frittata onto a plate....

looks yummy hey! its tasted good too..... now served with a salad this is a great lunch, some toast and its a great sunday night dinner, served on its own great work lunch......
have a play with it and see what tastes you like.... I just use the egg cheese and cream ratio as the rule of thumb and go from there....
happy cooking!

No comments:

Post a Comment