Sunday, March 25, 2012

Leonie's brownies!!!!

Now I promise you that with this recipe you will NEVER and I say again NEVER make packet brownies again... not that there is anything wrong with packet brownies these are just too easy and the possibilities are endless. Now this recipe stems from Donna Hay, these are her standby brownies from my most used and loved cook book, Fast Fresh and Simple.... I am sure I have cooked 70-80% of these recipes and not one fails on flavour, ease to cook and make pretty...
I am not a chocolate lover, I am not a sweet lover but I have made so many of these and versions of these that I can now make them in my sleep!!!! I made them at my old job a LOT!!! I would try all sorts of things to add and use my collegues as my test dummies!!! but NO ONE complained ever, or turned away.....I would not know a good brownie from a bad brownie as I just don't eat them but I LOVE to bake them!!! The house smells fantastic I feel like mother of the year for 5 minutes and those I share with always give great positive love back!

Now onto the cooking: I will give you Donna's recipe then at the end give you my versions....

150g butter
1 1/4 cup caster sugar
3/4 Cocoa (I use Calbury's bournville for all cooking)
1 TSP vanilla extract
1/2 cup plain flour
3 eggs

In a sauce pan melt butter, chocolate and sugar.
It will appear a bit dodgy while melting but trust me it will come together... just stir and smell the aroma.


Pour into bowl, add eggs and mix, add flour and vanilla mix until smooth and glossy
Pour mixture into a well greased and well lined slice tin, bake at 180 for 25 minutes. Honetly this will smell divine I just wished I like chocolate!!!!!


seriously deliciousness!!!



Now for the Leonie part of the cooking, I have experimented and played with this recipe a LOT!!!
I have made cherry ripe brownies, choc jelly brownies (turkish delight is the secret!) triple choc, macadamia brownies... the possibilities are endles and only limited by your imagination and pantry!

today I have had a request from my students at school for Oreo brownies.....

well I will deliver Monday morning for staff and students!!! here they are!!!

I placed the oreos in a zip lock bag and bashed them with my rolling pin, I did not want little pieces as I still want some crunch when you bite the gooey crunchy brownie!!!
place the oreos into the pan then top with brownie mix
now I did try this and I have to say YUM!!!!!! oh so happy with this brownie!!!!!

now I just hope the kids love it!!!



2 comments:

  1. Yumm! I think I'm going to love working next to you even more now :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. YUM!! I am going to have to make some of these for our little camping trip in the campervan!!

    ReplyDelete